Friday, December 27, 2013

First Impressions

Last week my job ordered lunch for our team from an upscale pizzeria, Buddy's. Another location of the same chain opened about two weeks on my street and I was wondering how the food would taste. Needless to say I was disappointed. Other than the lasagna, which was delicious, the rest of the pasta was flat and tasteless and the salad looked like someone just opened one of those instant salads you can buy at the grocery store. The restaurant which could have gained me as a customer failed to impress me, so I'll be spending my money elsewhere.

The same is true for me and my relationship with Sonic restaurants. I tried them at first three years ago when one opened around the corner from me. I ordered a chili dog and got home to discovered a bun with nothing but chili in it which completely turned me off the restaurant chain. I haven't visited since.

These restaurant's loss of my business is the reason first impressions are important, no matter what type of business you run.  So go all out. Don't be shy. Dare to impress your potential clientele. If you don't wow your customer or your reader from the start, chances are you've lost them for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment